Job Placement Resources
Each year, the department appoints one or two faculty members to serve as job placement officers. These faculty members guide students seeking academic positions through the search process by holding workshops, reviewing materials, and staging mock interviews. The links on this page provide some resources on the process and offer a starting point for those who will be "on the market" in coming years.
- Overviews of the Job Search Process
- A calendar of the job search process
- The Unofficial Guide to the Job Market in English [PDF]
- Job Listings
- MLA ADE Homepage: Members of our department are allowed access to the MLA Job Information List via the ADE Homepage through the MLA. Login and password will usually be distributed early in the fall semester. If you do not have the id and password and are a member of the department, please contact Jacque Aly.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Advice on Materials for the Job Market
- FAQs about CVs, Dossiers, Application Letters, Writing Samples, and Portfolios
- Developing Your Philosophy of Teaching Statement
- More dos and don'ts on Teaching Statements (Chronicle article)
- Online job counseling page of the ADE
- Reports on the Profession
- The MLA Career and Job Market Information Page includes links to its recent surveys on the job market
- The report of the MLA Committee on Professional Employment